Library & Computer Lab:
District Support through:
Check out our eBooks!
by Follett Shelf
Free mobile apps available
Internet Safety DVD preview
Check out our typing links
DLMC Online Card Catalog
K-2 Informational Text Wiki
Library Classes Calendar
Schedule & Check Out Rules
Shute Online Card Catalog
Student Safe Search Engines
Subscription Reference Resources
Shute Reading Program:
Reading is out of this world!
District #86 Kindergarten through 2nd graders will be taking part in a project to choose the winning book to receive for this year to receive Monarch Award. The Monarch Award is an Illinois' K-3 Children's Choice Award that is presented annually to the author and/or illustrator of the book voted as their favorite by the students in participating Illinois schools or public libraries. The award is sponsored the Illinois School Library Media Association.
The purpose of the award is to:
- encourage children and adults to read children's books for personal enjoyment.
- help children become familiar with books, authors, and illustrators.
- encourage children to read critically.
- develop a statewide awareness of outstanding literature for children.
- promote cooperation among agencies providing educational and library service to children.
In February, after the students have been exposed to the nominated books, they will vote for their favorite. The votes will then be submitted to ISLMA to be counted toward the winning book.
Monarch Information on ISLMA's Website
Our School Winners are:
Shute - Elizabeth, Queen of the Seas
Armstrong - Gaston
Wilson - Ballet Cat: The Totally Secret Secret